My thoughts on Self Love


Hello Friends,
I pray everything in your life is aligning with God's plan for your life which is Good and ever-Blessed.
I want to share my thoughts on self love.
A term i believe all of us have come across
Self love boils down to the ability of seeing one's self highly and in a loving sense.
Self love is a beautiful thing !
We should love ourselves ... Self hate shouldn't be on the option list as Christians and as Human Beings.

But i think we get it wrong sometimes by thinking that you are the most significant person or should be that you begin to forget about other people's concerns. This is where Self Love gets sour.
You are a significant part of society and everybody else is.
Treat people with the kindness you desire is shown to you.

When Jesus said "Love your neighbour as yourself"
He said it knowing how much people love themselves
The form of love i mean is the selfish Self Centred love( The love of self that prevents you from being concerned about others)
All of us have that kind of love for ourselves
We put ourselves first and at times disregard Others on the same Race with us.
We naturally love ourselves but in a way that only benefits ourselves not others but as we Grow in Christ, we Learn how to love in ways that benfits God , yourself and anyone who comes across you.

So basically what the Messiah was saying was "Love others the way you love yourself"
Consider their opinions just like you consider your own.
Buy them something nice just like you buy yourself nice things.
As you practice this , You fulfill Jesus' commandment and he gets closer to you
I practice Thinking about the other person so we can either get to a Win-Win or a No deal (where the Conversation is closed because we aren't getting to an agreement or disagreement)
It will depend on the cards on deck but i do make an effort to be thoughtful of myself and others as well.

I also tried out self Love but it didn't work as much because i was looking in the wrong direction.
I was trying to Love myself by assuming i was in control of everything in my life
Yes, we have control over many things in life but God is the one who made us.
When i started to view myself as God's Creation
My Self Love sky rocketed.
Realising i was made fearfully and wonderfully to be a unique member of Society makes me love myself each and every day.
A beautiful masterpiece hand designed by God himself !

When you feel self hate 
Ask yourself :
Does God Make Trash ?
Would Jesus Christ Die for something(me) he didn't find valuable ?
Can i give this heavy Load to Jesus so that he can give me rest ?

Tell God about how much you hate yourself
He made you so he knows why you hate that body part or character Trait 
And he knows how to heal you from that self-hate and give you true Self Love.

Good day to you,
God's Beautiful Master piece

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How God changes us inwardly

Living for the sake of others

My current understanding of Spiritual warfare