Translations

Good evening Everyone ,
I hope everyone is well and you enjoyed your Christmas.
I enjoyed mine.
I have some other things to share but I think I should share  some of the first lessons I learnt.

We all know that our Bible is based off Hebrew Text and Greek text also because that is the language the Authors knew.
Now when these texts(which were mostly written in scrolls) were discovered , they were translated into different languages and by different Translators who have created various Translations.

Due to the differences in Human understanding basically , We have many translations.
Different people have looked at the different texts and translated them in a way that felt best to them/felt God was saying/the Author was saying.

There are several Translations
Out there(These are the most common in Uganda)
The Good news Version
New international Version
New King James Version
King James Version

Now there are so many out there and if Studying Scripture is a thing you want to dive into
I think obtaining as many Translations as you can will help you a lot with that
Because one version might express it in a way you like better than another

I have seen the Good news Bible translate some verses better than other Versions
So comparing the verses to pick the best one for you is a great thing you do to get deeper understanding of The Text.

There are some other Great ones out there like The Amplified Bible , Phillips, New Living Translation etc...
So keep your eye out for the different translations and study through them as much as you can.

Why do we have many translations yet it's just one book ?
Different Translators who understood the Script differently.

Why should I review the different Translations for just one text ?
To get a deeper understanding of a particular text and to find the best expression that you will understand.

❤️Happy Bible Study , Friends

Where did this come from ?
😂 the thing that has prompted me to talk about this Is the simplicity I am finding while reading a children's Bible🤣 
I have discovered that so many things can be understood when read from Children's Books
They are broken down a lot to make things so simple.
Now a lot of scripture has been diluted in this Book but it is still Good none the less I have gotten a better understanding of some Scriptures I had been previously reading
Plus seeing Images Is a Another way I learn best
I always loved Seeing Images
I think I process many things visually
🤣 I think we need more Visual bibles in the future

Let  me share some of the great things I have seen in the book So far:

Matthew 6:25-34;
"Look at the Birds", said Jesus
"Do they store up food in a barn ? No. God feeds them "
"Look at the flowers,"said Jesus
"They don't work or make clothes. God dresses them in lush leaves and pretty petals."
Then Jesus said,"You are much more important than Birds. You are much more important than Flowers. So don't worry. If God takes care of them , God will take care of you."
I had gotten the texts in the other versions but seeing it expressed like this has enlightened me better

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How God changes us inwardly

Living for the sake of others

My current understanding of Spiritual warfare