My Thoughts on The Catholic Church

Hello friends , I hope all you are doing well
If not πŸ™πŸΌ May our Lord and God supply all your needs with all his Power and Glory

Today, I will talk about My thoughts on the Catholic Church 
Many who have known me know that I grew up in a Strong Catholic Background 
And we went to Church but it always felt forced and God seemed so Harsh to me at the time ,Like he was very critical and ever ready to Judge.
I even went to the minor seminary( A Catholic seminary but also a secondary school) for 2 years
But never Loved God 
I always felt like he would never want to be my friend
There was one time , I remember trying to get close to God but I never felt that connection
I read the bible but it felt like a story book 
I also prayed at the Chapel
And also prayed the Rosary 
But never felt different 
So I abandoned all that altogether ( Seeking God)
At a point , I thought Meditating like a Buddhist monk would save me 
πŸ˜‚ Some of you here found me in that pursuit that didn't work at all 
Until I got to know about How Loving God is

When I became Born Again , when I looked back at the Catholic Church 
I felt like it had done me so wrong and denied me a personal relationship with the only person that Matters , Jesus
And the Born Agains around me also didn't have a positive outlook on the Catholic Church so it only made me more upset with it...
I felt like spreading the truth was all about attacking the wrong Church
Occasionally , I started debates to prove how wrong they are 
And how right we are as Born Agains
But one day , things turned around...
I had a debate about interpretation of Scripture with a couple of friends of mine and it ended with me winning saying "Yes , there are several ways someone can Interpret scriptures but there is a way it is to be interpreted" and I flashed in a couple of Scriptures so I obviously won that debate..
But strangely , this time 
I felt different while attacking them 
Number one , it was like the solid arguments on why the church is wrong vanished away
I just wanted to attack it and I didn't have a clear reason why
Number 2 , I felt really bad after doing it( I always felt like I had done a good job after proving they were wrong)
So I ask the Holy Spirit "Why am I feeling this sadness, this heaviness , have I done something wrong ?"
And he replied " I don't like how you have spoken about the Catholic Church"

The next day , during Service
I read a Bible called the Catholic Answer Bible and go through all the Common Questions /Complaints about the Catholic Church there
Like "Do Catholics worship idols ?"
It answered saying "We hang photos of people we love to remember them not worship them "
Also " when we praise a saint , we don't worship the person literally but the crafts man of that person who is Christ Jesus "
They also talked about how The Covenant Box had Angels engraved on it
So making it okay to design figures in heaven depending on how they are used
And where God hated it was where the people made Pagan idols and worshipped them.
Another bad case is in Brazil where some actors made a mockery of Jesus and Heaven and the Disaster that befell Brazil was Massive !😬
( i will resend the link)
And so they make Statues of Jesus out of the so much love they have for him and because they want to have a constant remembrance of Him

We all have items that remind us of the things we have 
Maybe Posters of our best Band
Maybe A jersey of the player
Because we love the thing behind them(or the people on them) and because we love to see it often 
So something like that was what was trying to be expressed
And in a case where a child is praised , we are often times praising the Parents for raising the children that way or the mere fact that we are praise worthy pleases our parents 

All this hit me and I felt bad
I honestly felt like I was failing God
Like how couldn't I have seen this ?
You know all those kinds of thoughts 

So i sat down and asked God to tell me what He thinks
He calmed me down and Told me still loves me despite my mistakes and that he is willing to teach me all that i need to know
Then he Said this "
They are right in some Aspects but wrong in some.
Their love for me is true , their devotion to me is also true.
They love me and i love them 
But they don't know me.
They don't have my word
Get them my word , that's all i ask of you
'Some of them will perish because they dont have my word'- i heard him say this with deep sadness "
When i heard this , i began to feel confidence rebuild again

The Truth is Catholics Love Jesus if not more than some Born Agains
A Good example could be my Mom 
She attends mass every morning
And can't dare miss Sunday mass
She buys lots of prayer books
She is always praying the rosary and seeking out Godly Counsel from men of God
Her and so many Others , i have seen
Catholics love God !!!

But if you randomly approached one and asked for A mystery
They might not be able to bring out one
Speaking in tongues
Talking about how to walk in the Spirit etc

Many of them wouldn't have a Profitable answer 
Not because they don't love Jesus but simply because they barely study the Bible
Yet it is the word that is the Absoluteness of Gods power
God works in the frames of his word 
He doesn't step out of it 
So as A Christian if one doesn't study the word , accept it as truth or meditate/ponder on Verses or practice the Teachings of the word
Fruit will not flourish in that Christian's Life
Regardless of whether , you are Catholic , Anglican or even Born Again
If you don't keep Working with the Word , you will not make progress...

But in The Catholic Church only Deep knowledge is for the Priest but for us , everyone is called to be deep
We are all called to explore the depths of God's word 
But in the Catholic Church , The Priest is the only deep man.
So many in there don't study and implement the Bible for themselves 
(The many of us that are former Catholics can testisfy to this)

So friends, don't condemn the Catholics
Just share the word with them , they are also Christians 
Also remember if anyone declares that Jesus is Lord and he rose from the dead for his sins is saved so they are pretty much saved but they dont know how God works , So teach them 
Attacking them won't help you , them or even Jesus
But telling them how Jesus works based on the word does help
Telling them how to bear fruit using evident scriptures will also help
Am i saying never correct them?
No , i am saying , don't Do it in a way that the conversation loses it meaning : Edification
Know God for yourself.
Bear fruit for yourself ,if not you will either have nothing to teach or you will not be able to show how to apply the Christian Principles in life and just get to the offensive and have nothing to teach but instead have a negative vibe to place on them which never helps anyone !!

So am i becoming Catholic Ever Again ?
Nope ... I am born Again for life πŸ–€
It is where i stand
It is where God Called me to be
I think if he wanted me to be Catholic , he would have called me there but he didn't, He called me while i was born Again
But i do think he wants me to also impact the Catholics because i have knowledge about the Practices in the Catholic Church
Just like Qureshi Nabeel is the best Minister to the Muslims having been a Muslim himself
So i can be able to reconcile them to the truth so they can flourish in their lives because i have been Catholic before

Have an Amazing Time ❤ Friends

Note : This is my personal observation , i haven't met and studied so many Believers but based on what i have seen , this is what i have come up with 
So don't take anything in here personally

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How God changes us inwardly

Living for the sake of others

My current understanding of Spiritual warfare